Do you want to enrich your AMC experience by attending with a group? Does your group share something important in common and do you want more visibility for your crew? Apply to attend the AMC together as an official “delegation”!
Delegations to the Allied Media Conference are groups who collectively fundraise to get to the conference, roll together during the conference, and reflect on the conference as a group after it’s over. Attending the AMC as a delegation is a great way for you to build relationships amongst the members of your group. It’s also a way to make the conference more accessible for folks who may not otherwise be able to attend.
You can apply to be a delegation at AMC2017 by filling out this form. The deadline to apply is .
Some examples of previous delegations to the AMC include a transnational group of Iraqis, a delegation of media artist/activists from Pittsburgh, and an exchange between organizers from New Orleans and Detroit. Read about more inspiring examples of delegations from last year’s AMC.
In order to qualify as an officially recognized delegation to the AMC, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 participants in your delegation
- Represent a common identity, practice, issue area, or place
- Plan to collaboratively fundraise to attend AMC2017
- Submit a post-AMC “report back,” including a short video, audio or written summary and links to any media that you created or shared at the conference.
We are hoping for a diverse range of delegations to explore, experience, and share at this year's Allied Media Conference. Given the political climate, we will be giving priority support for delegations from communities who have been specifically targeted under the current administration.
To support selected delegations at AMC2017, the AMC will provide:
- Eligibility to apply for a $500 mini-grant to support your delegation’s fundraising efforts
- Promotion of your delegation on the AMC website before and after the conference
- Logistical and planning support offered through two info calls in the months leading up to the AMC
The deadline to apply to be an official delegation is . Applicants will be contacted about the status of their application in the first week of May.