Detroit Future Media is looking for organizations and small businesses who have a desire to develop effective digital media strategies incorporating web, graphics, or video. You are invited to host a DFM apprentice who will help your organization improve its online presence.
The Detroit Future Media (DFM) Apprenticeship Program provides continued learning experiences for Detroit Future Media graduates while delivering quality media and communications products to host organizations. Apprentices will work for a one-month period, from July 8 through August 9.
AMP will supply mentors (media experts) to support apprentices in their role and responsibilities, and project management of their work for host organizations. Mentors will help facilitate a holistic working relationship between apprentices and host organizations.
Examples of past DFM apprenticeship projects:
- Amany Killawi managed and created newsletter campaigns, lead a youth workshop on Audacity audio recording and editing, and worked on increasing social media presence for Vanguard CDC.
- Lance Hicks coordinated community outreach and created three infographics for the Boggs Educational Center
- Prema Qadir rebuilt website for Latino Family Services: http://www.latinofamilyservices.com
- Nathaniel Mullen redesigned the website for 5e Gallery: 5egallery.org
- Andrew Plisner rebuilt the Detroit Soup website to an easy to update and user friendly Wordpress platform.
The cost of the apprenticeship program to host organizations is $1000 which covers the costs of an apprentice stipend, project management, and access to DFM's media lab and equipment check-outs.
The deadline to apply is June 1, 2013.