- Sponsored Projects
- Detroit Future
Digital Media Training
- The DFM program graduated more than 100 "Detroit Futurists" – people who are committed to using media to foster a more just, creative and collaborative city, and who have the skills to do so.
- Launched the online presence of 15 new businesses and community organizations.
- Produced 19 Major Media Projects.
- Secured approximately 30 freelance contracts for Detroit Future Media graduates.
- Facilitated 8 post-graduate apprenticeships between DFM graduates and local businesses.
- Provided professional development training to 12 Detroit and Hamtramck teachers.
- Produced 5 "DiscoTech" Community Technology Fairs, serving approximately 650 Detroit residents.
- Published 1,000 copies of the "How-to DiscoTech" zine, teaching how to design and implement successful community technology fairs.
- Provided digital media training and leadership development to each of 75 Detroit youth.
- Provided digital media arts instruction to 1,680 Detroit and Hamtramck students.
- Distributed $370,000 in grants to 10 youth orgs, serving approximately 1,500 youth.
- Published 250 copies of the DFY Curriculum Mixtape, containing 13 workshops for integrating digital media arts into youth leadership development for social justice.
Community Wireless and Public Computing
- Provided Digital Stewards training to 15 Detroit community members.
- Built three community wireless networks, installing routers at 25 businesses, community centers, and residencies.
- Built and enhanced 13 Public Computer Centers.